IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager (TEM), built on BigFix technology, is one of my favorite IBM products to work with. It has an elegant architecture that makes things work so well. I usually only deal with the security functions of the tool, but it can do so much more. The Mobile Device Manager (MDM) is one of those features that I don’t get to deploy often, but I try to stay abreast of its capabilities.
Site Version 47 – Nov 1 2012
- Integrated SAFE support – Integrated Samsung Approved For Enterprise (SAFE) Phase One APIs to enabled additional management capabilities (such as selective app wipe, application blacklisting, and device encryption) to SAFE enabled android devices.
- Self Service Portal Redesign – Reworked the Self Service Portal (SSP) to be easier to use and much more end user friendly.
- Mobile Security Configuration Management Sites – MDM now includes a new batch of Center for Internet Security (CIS) Checklist sites for iOS 5.0.1, and Android 2.3, 4. These can be enabled through the normal License Overview dashboard in BES Support.
- Expanded Proxy Agent Capabilities – The Proxy Agent for iOS, Lotus, and MS Exchanged managed devices now supports Multiple Action Groups, Baselines, and “createfile” commands.
- Change Notification Dashboard – New notification dashboard to help users stay on top of the changes and improvements made to the MDM site.