- NYTimes.com – IBM Plans Major Security Initiative
- Bloomberg – IBM Plans to Spend $1.5B to Help Customers Secure Data
- ZDNet – IBM touts enterprises free of fear and $1.5B security spend
- SearchSecurity.com – IBM to boost security spending, push PCI DSS program
- Internetnews.com – IBM: Security Is Our Brand
- HardOCP – IBM Announces End-to-End Solution for PCI Compliance
Just to name a few… So, yeah, I've been busy. I am now working on both Tivoli Security Operations Manager (TSOM) and Tivoli Compliance Insight Manager (TCIM). These products work very well together in what is dubbed “The IBM SIEM Solution”. The articles above speak of Tivoli and Watchfire (part of the Rational brand) in Software Group and ISS in Global Technology Services. So the $1.5B will be spread around a bit.
The comforting thing is that IBM is making a significant investment into allowing it's recent acquisitions (Consul, Micromuse, ISS, Watchfire) work together to meet the customer's needs. No longer will people doubt me when I say “I'm a security guy” and “I work for IBM” together.
Here's the official press releases:
- IBM Acts to Transform Risk Management for Businesses
- IBM Announces Industry's First End-to-End Solution for PCI Compliance
- IBM Positioned in Analyst Firm's Leaders Quadrant for Web Access Management