With the release of version 3.1, we have changed the name of the SEIM product NeuSecure to IBM Tivoli Security Operations Manager. This name change reflects the true scope of the product, automating the entire workflow in your security operations. While we still are the industry leading Security Event and Information Manager (SEIM), we also have tools for Host Investigation, Incident Response, and Forensic Analysis. The new name describes the product better and also reflects our integration into the Tivoli family.
Other Features that come with 3.1:
- Integration with IBM NetCool/OMNIbus and IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console
- The ability to utilize IBM NetCool/OMNIbus for incoming events
- SNMP Action Processor to expand integration with other management systems
- Device Support for IBM Tivoli Identity Manager and IBM Tivoli Access Manager
- Support for Cisco's Security Device Event Exchange (SDEE)
- A built-in knowledgebase that allows the customer to add custom information about security events
- An expanded list of Vulnerability Scanner import options
IBM likes their acronyms, so in the future you will hear me refer to Tivoli Security Operations Manager as TSOM.
Also, on July 1st, IBM and Micromuse completed the Transfer of Trade. That is the final step in the acquisition process that makes our entire worldwide team part of IBM. If I was not busy before, I will be now!