- It can create a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mount
it as a real disk.
- It can encrypt an entire hard disk partition or a device, such
as USB memory stick, floppy disk, etc.
- Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary
forces you to reveal the password:
- Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Blowfish (448-bit key), CAST5, Serpent
(256-bit key), Triple DES, and Twofish (256-bit key). Supports cascading
- Based on Encryption for the Masses (E4M) 2.02a, which was conceived in 1997.
Further information regarding the features of the software may be found in the documentation.
Cool Stuff… I have been running this for a few days now. If I continue to like it, I'll stop paying Steganos
to crash IE every few days. If you have a laptop, you should use
something like this. If you laptop does get stolen, then your
data is safe. Get the new 4.0 version from truecrypt.org.